Have you grown quite used to having things done for yourself? There are many things your parents and grandparents used to do themselves which didn’t cost them anything.
Below-mentioned are some do it yourself jobs that can be performed without any advanced training or unique skills. You will probably find that you can save a little more money by performing these jobs yourself:
1. Trimming The Yard: There are a large amount of yard maintenance companies which make a lot of cash by trimming yards/gardens. From fertilizing, trimming the hedges to mowing etc. are the tasks that you can do yourself. Use this opportunity to get some fresh air and monthly savings.
2. Washing and Ironing Your Clothes: While some of your clothing requires professional cleaning, the majority can be machine washed and ironed easily by you. This would cut down your laundry bill and will add more to your savings.
3. House Cleaning: Nowadays, you can find companies servicing house cleaning needs everywhere. Rather than employing them, Make it a family event and schedule one day a week in which the family members will work together to clean the house.
4. Home Maintenance and Repairs: There are plenty of jobs around the house that require little learning to perform them. You can yourself shore this gap up by getting to know about doing basic maintenance jobs around the house.
5. Pet Grooming: Many families have their favorite pet and take it be groomed by their vet, or other service. By learning some basic tips about pet grooming, you can cut down pet's grooming costs. This is not only a cost effective choice but is an to nurture that special bond with your pet while grooming them yourself.
6. Changing the oil in your car: It might just be faster and cost effective to change oil at your home rather than waiting in long queues outside a car care company For most of the automobiles, no special skills are required in changing the oil.
7. Washing Your Car: Having your car washed can be a convenient service, but there is something about being outside in the weekend afternoon washing the car that can be fun as well as a saving.
8. Paying Your Taxes: Taxes can be done yourself as performing your own taxes with certain softwares such as Turbo Tax is an easy task. You don't need to schedule an appointment with a tax professional as the software guides through the whole process, thereby helping you save your bucks.